Monday, April 29, 2013

What is one way in which you grew as an educator from this class and how will you continue it?

     I grew in many ways by taking this class. My confidence in my ability to use Web 2.0 tools in the classroom, and in general, greatly increased. I used to think that technology in the classroom was really only needed for a pre-service teacher who was hoping to become a computer/technology teacher. My views have COMPLETELY CHANGED. I know understand how valuable technology is for all teachers and that it is indeed necessary for ALL pre-service teachers to know how to integrate it into their classrooms. I believe that using Web 2.0 tools will help me as a pre-k teacher to excite my students about learning, and to reach them using a medium that they enjoy and are comfortable using. I also feel that it will enable me to better communicate with the parents of the students in my future classroom, and I fully intend on creating a comprehensive class web site that I will update regularly. In addition,l I firmly believe that these tools will help me to reach students in my classroom who may have exceptionalities. I can customize lesson plans and use them to help those who are struggling, as well as provide activities for those who are finish their work early. I find these Web 2.0 tools exciting and am glad I had the opportunity to learn to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment