Monday, April 29, 2013

Professional Development Goal



Design and Develop Digital Age Learning Experiences and Assessments
a. Design or adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity.

  I would like to learn how to evaluate educational technology. I wish to effectively infuse lesson plans with technology, such as I-Books, I-Movies and educational apps. In doing so, I want to be certain that the inclusion of technology is purposeful and enriching. I do not want to use technology just to appear knowledgeable and tech savvy.

·     Skills I already have in this category.

      Through my studies at the University of Oklahoma over the last two years, I have learned how to create a basic lesson plan for a child in grades pre-k through 3. I am able to evaluate basic lesson plans that utilize traditional teaching mediums.

·     Issues in my classroom or daily work or my general skills as a teacher that relate to this             category (i.e. why do I need skills in this area.)

I need to be able to include technology in my lesson plans to inspire and excite young learners and to reach them in a medium that they are comfortable with and enjoy using. I am comfortable researching traditional lesson plans and worksheets. However, I do not yet know how to evaluate educational apps/games, etc. I also do not know of any web sites for teachers of young students that offer and/or assist in the evaluation of technology rich instruction.

·     Short- term professional development plans to address the needs. (Include a due date or time line for addressing the concern.)

      During the Summer of 2013 I will locate four web sites that offer ideas to teachers of pre-k and kindergarten students on how to evaluate lesson plans with technology. I will also find a book to read that provides guidance in this area.

·     Long- term professional development to address these needs. (Include a due date or timeline for addressing the concern.)

      During the Fall of 2013 and the Spring of 2014 I will identify five lesson plans that I would like to use in my future classroom. I will modify them so that they are technology rich and provide meaningful learning outcomes.

·     Self-Assessment or goal – How will you measure that you successfully achieved a goal.

      I will know I am successful in learning how to create effective, technology infused lessons for young students after I have created and tested at least five lesson plans incorporating different media.

No comments:

Post a Comment