Friday, March 1, 2013


Professional development is largely personal. What can you do for free to enhance your technological  skills?

As a pre-service teacher seeking a Master's degree in Early Childhood Education, I am halfway through my program. However, I have room for one class in my program of my own choosing (as long as it relates to teaching small children). As such, I have thought of taking an additional technology class before I graduate to improve my skills. While taking a class is not free, it is something that I can incorporate into my educational plan before I even begin teaching.

In addition, when I am seeking employment, I intend to ask any potential employers what technologies are currently in use in their schools. If I am hired, I plan to search for opportunities to use the technology on my own before the school year begins. This may include contacting friends and acquaintances who are teachers for help. I can also research the tools online and study free tutorials.

I could also join online teacher groups/community web sites for information on what is new and upcoming in the world of technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment